This spotlight is on an archive of our team’s prior work in the education realm – a portfolio for current and future MIN+ clients to better understand the capabilities and knowledge of our team. The MIN+ team has extensive experience in:
- Designing for maximum efficiencies – a critical consideration with tight site constraints common to the Bay Area and other urban projects.
- Creatively planning for immediate need and future program growth – a necessary response to long term goals balanced with budget constraints.
- Introducing and moderating natural light while balancing views and privacy – a requirement of Bay Area and other urban projects where density commonly restricts sunlight and intrudes on privacy.
- Thoughtful engagement of circulation and other often overlooked dead space – a differentiating characteristic and critical value-add when real estate is at a premium.
- Identifying and engaging relevant stakeholders throughout the design process to gain buy-in.
- Capital fundraising to help clients meet their budget goals – a requirement for most private school clients.
- Marrying different architectural styles as required for progressive schools looking to expand with a fresh presence in historic contexts like San Francisco and St. Lous.
- Coordinating the intersection of education and construction. Orchestrating phased renovation plans to minimize academic disruption and establishing student engagement during the construction process have been elements key to success.
*All project imagery represents a variety of K-12 private schools across the Bay Area and Tahoe, including new-build and renovated school campuses, which Meg Holmes and Lexie Ierace contributed to while working at Pfau Long Architecture. Please inquire to firstname.lastname@example.org for individual project specifics and references.
Project Imagery provided by Pfau Long Architecture